Memory loss is, for many, an inevitable part of aging. Conditions like Alzheimer’s are common and may not be easily noticed at first. If you notice that a senior relative is beginning to forget names or becomes disoriented, it is probably time to consider memory care.
Losing one’s memory can be distressing. Though, with quality memory care, seniors are able to continue living happy and meaningful life. Memory assisted living is necessary when someone cannot conduct a normal life without some form of care.
In-home memory care means that your loved ones can continue living as they always have. A caregiver can assist them with the practicalities of life without them having to leave the warm and familiar environment of their own homes.
Benefits of Memory Care
- Independence – With professional help, seniors are able to enjoy the independence of living a normal life.
- Specialized Service – Trained memory care professionals are able to identify and treat memory conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Improved Engagement – When a person with memory loss receives the correct treatment, they can continue to enjoy the company of others and engage in meaningful and enriching activities.
- Safety – A common concern with memory loss is disorientation and a tendency to wander into potentially dangerous situations. Memory care will ensure that your loved one is safe and cared for.
- Mobility and Medication Assistance – Elderly people with memory loss often forget to take their medication and exercise. With the correct assistance, this need not be a concern.
- Basic Care – General activities, like bathing, dressing, and mobility can become problematic and assistance may be required.
- Personalized Care – The needs of people with Dementia and Alzheimer’s differ. An experienced caregiver is able to identify the requirements of each individual.
Memory Care in Trumbull, CT
When the time comes to provide in-home memory care for your beloved parent or grandparent, you will obviously want the best care possible. At Valeriana Home Care LLC, we understand the needs of elderly people with conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Our caregivers are experienced in every aspect of memory loss. We are compassionate and sensitive to the needs of each individual. For the best home memory care in Trumbull and surrounding counties, contact Valeriana Home Care.